We were recently sent a The Next Grilleration™ Removable Plate Grill.
We were asked to come up with our own recipe using the grill for "The George Foreman Grill: Show Us Your Grill Skill Recipe Contest." I sat down and really thought about it. Our kids love to help us cook so I was trying to think of a recipe in which they could help with as much as possible. Plus a recipe that they would love to eat as much as we would.
I decided to do Grillen Chicken Melt Quesadillas and Grillen Up Smores for desert.
Here are the items we needed for our recipe:
* 1 package of Chicken Breasts* 1 Onion
* 1 Quesadilla
* Small bowl of Chocolate Chips
* 2 Graham Crackers
* 2 Marshmallows
This recipe is enough to make 1 quesadilla (which is one tortilla shell folded over) and 2 smores.
* First off I would like to mention that there is no need to spray the plates, etc. They are made out of a non-stick coating to prevent sticking.
* We began by plugging the grill in and waiting for it preheat, which was about 8 minutes.
*We then took out the chicken breasts and prepared them.
*We then cut each chicken breasts in half and placed 3 at a time on the grill.
* When they were fully cooked we took them off and placed them on a plate and placed the remaining 3 pieces on the grill.
* Then we cut up the cooked chicken breasts into strips and set aside.
* I then took the onion, peeled it and cut a slice off of it.
* I cut the slice in half and peeled the pieces away from one another.
* I then removed the 3 chicken breasts from the grill and sliced them up too.
* I then placed all the cut strips on the grill to give them some color and cook them a tad bit more.
* Once they were fully cooked I removed them and placed them on a plate.
* I placed the onions pieces on the grill and waiting a few minutes for them to cook.
* Once the onions were done we placed them on a plate and chopped them up.
* My daughter then took the tortillia shell and layed it on a plate.
* She placed some Chicken on the tortilla shell and sprinkled chedder cheese on top.
* She finished it off by placing the cooked onions on top too and folded the tortilla shell over in half.
* I then took it and placed it on the grill to warm it so the chees would melt throughout.
* Once it was finished I removed it and cut it into 4 pieces.
* We placed 2 pieces on each plate.
* While it cooled enough to eat we made dessert.
* My daughter (who is 6) broke 2 graham crackers in half.
* We layed a half of each down on a plate and placed a marshmallow in the center of each.
* She then sprinkled chocolate chips around the marshmallow.
* When she got that done she placed the remaining graham cracker on top.
* I then took them and carefully placed them on the grill and closed it so it would heat throughout melting the marsmallow and chocolate chips.
* Once complete I removed it carefully and placed one on each of their plates.
My kids LOVED it!!! It was such a quick and easy recipe that literally took us about 15-20 minutes from start to finish including clean up. We used the grill for every single step of our recipe, preparing each item.
When were finished the plates cooled and they were very easy to wash. I was actually shocked how easy they were to clean. The food did not stick to the plates at all due to the non-stick coating on the plates. I also love that all the fat, etc ran right off of the plates into the drip tray that comes with it that you just place right under the front of the grill.
The grill and recipe was a huge hit and my kids are already asking to make it again.
I absolutely love the grill and cannot wait to prepare many more recipes on it!!!
Please comment and let us know how you liked our recipe :)
Here is some info about the grill provided on behalf of the George Foreman Website:
The George Foreman Next Grilleration™ is here. This 5-serving grill allows for easy cooking for the whole family in under 20 minutes. The nonstick coating and patented slope design make every meal a healthy one. And clean up is also worry free thanks to the dishwasher safe removable plates.
•Large surface area lets you cook up to five servings at once for quick and easy family meals in under 20 minutes
•2 dishwasher-safe removable grill plates for easy clean up every time
•George Tough™ Triple non-stick coating is durable & eliminates need for oil or butter
•Exclusive fat removing design removes up to 42% of the fat from 1/4 lb. 80/20 Ground Chuck
•Floating hingegives you the ability to adjust height to accommodate a wide range of foods
•3-Year limited warranty
*Disclaimer - I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides concerning the use of endorsments and testimonials in advertising. I received the item(s) mentioned above for free for review purposes. In no way did this alter my opinion of their products. All of my opinions are one hundred percent honest, true and my own.*